Borrow from Other Libraries
There may be times when you want to borrow from another BC Library:
- You happen to be visiting another BC Library.
- You couldn’t find what you were looking for in your home library.
Visiting Other BC Libraries
If you’re on the road and find yourself in another BC public library, you can easily borrow items. The best part is that you can return these items to any other BC public library, so if you’re traveling through BC, it’s easy to drop items off as you go. We call this program BC OneCard. For more information on how to do this, check our BC OneCard page (please note that borrowing policies may vary slightly between various libraries).
More Books for You!
Plus movies, music and audiobooks…
Introducting Interlibrary Connect!
You can now place holds on items from other Kootenay libraries.
- Search the catalogue. You will see all the items available in the region.
- Click “place a hold.” The item will be shipped here for you.
- That’s it! You can request movies, music and audiobooks, too!
Some restrictions apply, ask a librarian for details.
Requesting Books to be Delivered to Your Home Library
If you weren’t able to find the item you wanted in our catalogue, try finding it elsewhere in BC using Outlook Online, a catalogue for all BC libraries. If you find it at another library, request it to be delivered to your home library for pick up!